Tuesday, October 5, 2010

FanHouse Fab 40: Quack, Quack

Filed under: , , , , ,

FanHouse national college football writer Brett McMurphy shares his weekly Associated Press Top 25 ballot along with his next 15 best teams for FanHouse's Fab 40.

DALLAS - Alabama is still No. 1 on my Associated Press ballot -- how can the Crimson Tide not be after the past two weeks? -- but Oregon certainly is making a strong case if the Crimson Tide stumbles.

After the Ducks' impressive come-from-behind 21-point victory over Stanford Saturday, I jumped the Ducks, No. 4 on my ballot last week, over Ohio State and Boise State and put them second behind Alabama.

I'm not too sure if they should be that high, considering the Ducks' defense has surrendered more than 500 yards in consecutive games. But, I can't ignore the ridiculous numbers the Quack Attack is putting up on offense.

Excluding the cupcake games against New Mexico and Portland State, Oregon is still averaging 47 points in three games against Tennessee, Arizona State and Stanford.

While Oregon moved near the top of my ballot this week, Michigan State made the biggest jump, climbing 11 spots after defeating Wisconsin. After losses on Saturday, I dropped traditional powers Texas, USC and Penn State -- along with N.C. State -- off my Top 25 ballot, replacing them with Air Force, Florida State, Oklahoma State and West Virginia.




Here is my AP ballot for this week.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Chick-fil-A Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment