Tuesday, January 25, 2011

John Calipari, Terrence Jones Find Peace After Outburst

Filed under:

That's it, folks. It's over.

Whatever disingenuous and self-righteous outrage persisted following John Calipari's profanity-laced outburst aimed at freshman Terrence Jones has been quelled, as both player and coach suggest that the situation is behind them.

"I just don't think that even needed to be that big a deal," Jones said. "My coach isn't the first coach to cuss. That didn't even bother me."

Even so, questions were raised about the relationship between the two, which Calipari also put to rest Monday.

"There are times when I just look at him and I go, 'I love you, you know," Calipari said. "And he says, 'I know you do, I love you too."

Calipari certainly loved Jones Saturday, when Jones had a steady 14 point, eight rebound effort in a big road win over South Carolina. Kentucky had been sputtering on the road thus far in the SEC, with losses coming at Alabama and Georgia. Included in the South Carolina game was a sustained effort from Jones and four monstrous dunks. The consistency, Calipari says, is key for Jones's future success.

"He's smashing guys," Calipari said. "If you're doing that, you can be a special guy. The special guys do it all the time."

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/25/john-calipari-terrence-jones-find-peace-after-outburst/

Capital One Bowl Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment