Friday, January 28, 2011

Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels Picked Purdue Basketball Over State of Union

Oh, governors. They're just like us!

Indiana governor Mitch Daniels admitted Wednesday that he didn't catch President Barack Obama's State of the Union address because he was watching Purdue battle top ranked Ohio State.

When asked for his thoughts in regards to the speech, the governor came clean.

"You caught me. I didn't watch it. I was watching the Purdue game as long as it was watchable," Daniels told a local television station. "Honestly, I've read the accounts. I've got the text of the speech and I'll be reading it between now and the next stop. I think I'll just say that I'm very hopeful that we are going to see changes in national policy."

In actuality, the game wasn't watchable for too long. The Buckeyes jumped out to a 19-5 lead, led by 20 at half, and never allowed the Boilermakers within 10 points after their initial burst.

Governor misses State of the Union, cheers on Purdue: wlfi.com



(h/t Huffington Post)

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/27/indiana-governor-mitch-daniels-picked-purdue-basketball-over-sta/

Wisconsin Michigan State

No comments:

Post a Comment