Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cyrus Kouandjio Chooses Auburn Over Alabama

Filed under: ,

Neither snow nor ice nor even family could keep Cyrus Kouandjio from finally making his college decision Wednesday.

Sitting alongside several of his teammates, Kouandjio -- the best offensive line prospect in America -- told an ESPNU audience that he will play for the defending BCS national champions at Auburn.

"I got no sleep last night going through this process, Kouandjio said. "It was a lot of thinking to get to this result."

Kouandjio (6-7, 322, Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha HS) was considered the best high school football player in the country scheduled to announce his college choice Wednesday. Auburn has reportedly not received his paperwork, so he has only committed to signing and could still change his mind.

The consensus No. 1 athlete, DE Jadeveon Clowney (6-6, 247, Rock Hill, S.C., South Pointe HS), is likely to decide between Alabama and South Carolina on Feb. 14 -- his 18th birthday.

Kouandjio's brother, Arie, was a four-star OT who signed with Alabama and redshirted in 2010.

"I talked to my brother and he told me to go where my heart told me to go." Kouandjio said. "I had vibes and my heart told me to go to Auburn. It will be crazy (to see my brother across the sidelines). We'll just have to see."

Auburn has now landed three high-profile offensive line prospects in its 2011 class. OT Christian Westerman (6-5, 288, Chandler, Ariz., Hamilton HS) switched from Texas to the Tigers, and C Reese Dismukes (6-4, 287, Spanish Fort, Ala., HS) was an early commitment to Auburn.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/02/02/cyrus-kouandjio-chooses-auburn-over-alabama/

Maryland USC

No comments:

Post a Comment